Skip to main content

Out with the old (2008), in with the new (2009).

Its count down again, 2008 is almost over and done with, the days, weeks, months have all gone by so swiftly and in less than 5 hours the year 2008 will be in the past.

2008 has been a hard-hitting, but good year, many experiences that I went through as the year rolled by, has helped to better shape and define me as a person.
You will always hear people say things like ," If you believe, then you can achieve" or If you want it bad enough, then you will get it". Theses statements, I have always believed in but believing in something is a whole lot different from living or experiencing that which you believe in.

In 2008 as events in my life unfolded, I got an opportunity again to live and experience some of my personal believes. My believes basically are founded on two things, 1st my faith in God, and 2nd my believe in my God given abilities. To everything in life there’s two sides, a spiritual and a physical side, a sound state of being requires a good balance of both sides, each day and each challenge draws me closer to this balance.

For me, belief is in the realm where faith in the divine and faith in your physical being /mental abilities interplay. The outgoing year offered me many opportunities to build my faith, hope and trust in God based on my believes in Jesus Christ and also the abilities bestowed on me, I wont list these experiences here, but I can clearly identify them on a personal level and try to leverage on these experiences to continue living and learning in the year 2009.

2009 is an excellent year for those who believe, how do I know? that’s a big question and because I am not a known trusted soothsayer plus coupled with the facts of the present day world will live in, the talk is all about, the global economic down turn, credit crunch, recession etc, I bet most people will not believe me when I say 2009 is an excellent year, but it is what it is. Note that I used the word, "is” and not “will be” simply because that’s the language of faith.

Economist and the very best of business strategist are all already spelling burst for the year 2009, loss of more jobs, more banks and organizations going under, low consumer spending etc, with some signs already showing in places like the United state and the UK, but despite all of this I still say 2009, is an excellent year, well that’s the beauty of living by faith, and not by sight, thoughts, intellect or global/local economic out look.

For Christians the Bible records in Job 22:29 "when men are cast down, then thou shalt say, there is lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.”(KJV) Living by faith is not a rational thing, and neither is it an irrational thing, it is simply living by faith; you have to live it to know it.

Finally before I sign out for 2008, let me say thank YOU! To the few readers of my blog, this blogger is not just another pen pusher trying to do his thing and change the world, but its for me one way to let out steam, record my thoughts or experiences in my own way and record my perception on any issue, just how I see it, I hope to keep blogging and learning in the process.

To my family and friends I say God bless, it’s a beautiful thing and a privilege having you all in my life. To everyone 2009 is an excellent year, look for the opportunities, and grab them and most importantly be benevolent, reach out if and when you can, God bless and Godspeed in 2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22 to 23 Great & Greater

It is 4:20 PM, am in the living room having a home made meal I cooked myself the previous evening and drink a bottle of warm Martinellis, apple cider wine. I have been contemplating all day when I will make this post. It's the 31st of December 2022 and in the last 16years, every last day of the year I have maintained this tradition of documenting my general thoughts, for the year ending and my hopes and outlooks for the incoming year. I believe that in going forward, it does demands a good reflection backwards also, like the famous quote from the late Steve Jobs of Apple    “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future"   The interesting thing that life and faith in God has taught me is that this " SOMEHOW" is not a thing of chance or luck.  It's simple God's hand at work.  Every steps he has ordered, even when I take them without k

This is How We Do It!

Montell Du'Sean Barnett Jordan (December 3, 1968) isn American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Best known for his 1995 single "This Is How We Do It", on Def Jams Label -Today he Pastors   an Online Church   master peace church For 54 a years old man Montell Jordan is an absolute classic act, an icon of 90's Soul /R&B music. He's has so much stylish excellence and now above all a Pastor. In the mid 90's he's one of the young  music idol, African American artists we would listen to from half way across the world in the dingy streets of Warri in Nigeria,immitate or try to be a wannabe version of the panache they carry. The back story to the success,we never knew - we just saw the fame and fortune and tried to identify with that. Decades later we get the opportunity to hear the back story,the work,the walk,the raise & falls of stardom. The journey for most is crazy. So many fell off,some lost it completely,some made it then eventually los