Skip to main content

The KweseTv, Revolution

Over a year ago I stopped my subscription to Dstv a local satellite Tv  entertainment provider and never watched them again since then, the axe I was grinding was that ,they are monopolistic, rigid with their product offerings & in my opinion overpriced.

I had settled for what I considered a much cheaper options, via view on demand platforms like,Netflix, & Google movies,theres are not your traditional Tv channel and I believe they have even changed my TV viewing habits for the better. Last year when I made a post on this same matter, Isaid maybe when Strive Masiyiwa lunches KweseTv then there  might be some form of competition.

Now, KweseTv has lunched in most countries across Africa and so sooner or later I believe Dstv monopoly will be facing some competition. I am  hoping the TV viewing market space don't go from monopoly to oligopoly, (sorry for the economic jargon,just trying to show my tuition fee was well worth it. 😂 ) but seeing KweseTv products offering oligopoly is most likely not the case for now, maybe they may change, let's wait and see.

Their decoders are cheaper, subscription way less, and offers both VoD online streaming and regular decoder / satellite dish with subscription for daily, week, and monthly pricing - so it looks like they are ready to compete and not collude with Dstv. 

Question now is ,let's see if Dstv would make a move and adjust their subscription price or at least improve  on their product offerings.

Read my post from last year.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2441826784114165523#editor/target=post;postID=4346542757904161938;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=8;src=posttname

Want more on the KweseTv revolution in Africa, then read latest update from KweseTv brain Child, Strive Masiyiwa .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1632559886818500&id=496453373762496

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful Reflections

( With Dr Bola Afolabi, Current CIPS President) On the 28 February 2006, I started a tread called Logistics/Supply Chain Management on one of the most popular webforum in Nigeria called Nairaland. Follow link to view postings on this tread http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7497.0.html My aim basically was to use the opportunity an online forum can offer, to interact, share and gain ideas, information,network and generally increase awareness of the Procurement, Logistics and Supply chain management profession. This act of sharing my passion for the profession online has over the years sparked off series of positive and constructive events in my career quest, some of which I have reflected upon in the text below. Although my initial undergraduate study and immediate post study working experience were all related to engineering, I soon fall in love with the logistics and SCM profession when in March of 2005 I gained my 1st substantive Job with Integrated Logistics services Nig...

Happiness

These are a few of my favourite things " A nice foot wear" "Kick Back & Feets Up" "A Quite Time with Me"           #introspection And of course  "Music "   #whosthefoot No #egotripping

2025 into 2026

Its that day of the year.  It’s 2025, December 31st. And as has been my private tradition for the last 19 years, now that’s a really long time. I make this post on the last day of the year to Reflects and Outlooks It’s private because I share it only on this blog and nowhere else. My posting on this blog has almost ceased. Not because I don’t write, but because I barely remember to post here when I do find the time to write. Despite this, I never forget this tradition on my Blogspot. Interestingly, since my last post here on December 31st, 2024, this is my first time back. I re-read my last post for December 31st, 2024, into the year 2025, which ends in less than five hours from now. Looking Back at 2025 How was 2025? Did it pan out the way my outlook projected? I would say it did, largely. But above all, and most importantly, I saw God’s goodness. 2025 was a year of many changes. First, I left paid employment. It was quick, but the decision was well thought out. ...