Skip to main content

2021 into 2022 (365/365 )

 31st December 2021, It's 365/365 and am grateful. 


Hard to quantify this graditude am ending the year - but Am just, just so Thankful to God.


 For me 2021, flew by fast, it was extremely busy on my job, it's been an intense roller coaster from May 2021 up until the last two weeks of December 2021. We saw record number of Nigerian international students, progressing for studies with the vast majority going for Post graduate programs - and attracted by the possibilty of accessing the UK new graduate route visa scheme that allows international students after graduation to remain in the UK for another 2 years and seek post graduate work experience. 


Despite the impact of an ailing Nigerian economy and the pandamic that has all but made travel and study more cumbersome, the resilience of Nigerian international students to "Move" forward despite these obstacles was quite encouraging for me,having been in this sector over the last 11years - The downside to the massive growth was also the growth of many ill prepared applicants,which imposed a lot of strain on the application,systems and processing. Thankful for a dogged team, we pulled up sleeve's put in the work to ensure we filter out the weath from the shaft and offer great support to all genuine applicants and partners - and we survived, or should I say we're surviving as we still have the intake for January 2022 to deliver, but yet am positive we would.


This year, like no other I had to give my health a lot more scrutiny,managing what I take and how that impacts on my gut health- I experienced gastric issues and this got me to start taking many stuff out of my diet or take them in moderation. 


2021 is an eventful year, as the world continues to battle a pandemic that has now become too often a tool for many to rip others off economically or to brand segments of society as Vaxxer or Anti Vaxxers - 21st century could have done better, a pandamic so evidently deadly ought be better and sincerely managed and not littered with so much deliberate misinformation, force and absolute charades.



In my tradition of making this post every 31 December since 2006 I have had to write this is two parts, just so I can get it done. 


The first part you just read was written sitting at the restaurant at Hotel Presidential Port Harcourt Nigeria waiting on a meal I order take out, how I ended up there's is a another story,- you probably see bits of it below 


The some of the major highlights of my 2021, where mainly that for a 2nd year running,I have been living between two cities Port Harcourt and Abuja Nigeria capital. Multiple travels across both cities back and forth, I have sort of mastered the flight phat - while my roots remains in Port Harcourt, I can conclude now that hopefully ,I am having a brance in Abuja and with time, hopefully something of it's own tree will take root in Abuja.


I continue to stand make war within me to remain faithful to my value and dictates of my faith, sometimes it seems it just keep getting more difficult by the day, but looking back now- I can clearly see that when it got most difficult, I founds even more grace and strength to press on.




On physical fitness, 2021, was a good year, I would have loved to have had more consistency in my fitness regimen , but I think 2022 presents a new opportunity to continue a more disciplined fitness regimen to increase my physical fitness, health levels ,mental and general alertness. The fact that I get to workout free in a well fitted techno gym, a decent swimming pool, play on a lawn tennis court, jump ropes, ride a bicycle - it's absolutely not taken for granted - this would have cost me a fortune.


On the business front, Whilst I support my friend with time,effort, and intellect to help manage ,grow his business - I too continue to take this as an opportunity to learn - human behavior in the arena of business, managing business relation ,anticipating and managing client's and making interpersonal work relationships.


On the family front, I can only say, it's the grace , mercies and uncompromising love and protection of God that has sustained me and my entire family - we entered and ended the year, nothing missing, nothing at loss, nothing broken - even in such a perilous time as these.. It thus , is my strong reassurance that for the new year still - nothing will be loss,nothing would be missing - we would see the increases from the efforts we are setting for in 2022. 


I am particularly happy that I was able to go home and spend a few days with my father and mother, - Everytime I get to see that ,I am just beyound thankful to God for keeping them, and sustaining them - even as they grown in age. I left home today 31st December and made the three hours journey from my parents house in Delta state ,back home to Port Harcourt - so I can be in Church for the cross's over service this year- Getting home after the journey and with little to to get a home cooked meal, I had to rush to Hotel Presidential restaurant to get a dinner and rush back home to get ready and be in church before 8pm- so that is how I ended up doing this post in two parts, first at the restaurant and now seating in church waiting for the service to commence.


2022 outlook.


I have a good feeling about the year,I know it's going to be a year that would demand much focus from me, intense discipline and a closers and more committed personal work with God of my faith. I am hoping and praying for divine lead on this one through the Holy Spirit - I can only see those things that have been laid down,those in the plan - but there are many and thremendously that I can not even sense talk less of know - So I really know this year more that any other I have to walk, work as wise - consider everything, and be steps ahead .It going to impose on me a whole lot of self searching but I am hopeful God will yet again take me through a new experience and one that end with a better me for his own glory in Christ Jesus.



So as I end the Year 2021 and move into 2022, It's a reset - an opportunity to do more, do better - know more , experience more and continue on the phat of unravelling all that God has destined for me.


I am looking forward to the next 365- as each day a new opportunity,a gift beyond measure and to live it to Gods fullest abilities in me for Good and for God.


So 2022, I enter with Blessing and none leaping, - we would come out with Gods blessing manifested through each season,each month,each week,each day,each hour - each waking ,each sleeping moments - in our travels ,in our homes - I declare to my self, and entire family - we will make it .















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22 to 23 Great & Greater

It is 4:20 PM, am in the living room having a home made meal I cooked myself the previous evening and drink a bottle of warm Martinellis, apple cider wine. I have been contemplating all day when I will make this post. It's the 31st of December 2022 and in the last 16years, every last day of the year I have maintained this tradition of documenting my general thoughts, for the year ending and my hopes and outlooks for the incoming year. I believe that in going forward, it does demands a good reflection backwards also, like the famous quote from the late Steve Jobs of Apple    “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future"   The interesting thing that life and faith in God has taught me is that this " SOMEHOW" is not a thing of chance or luck.  It's simple God's hand at work.  Every steps he has ordered, even when I take them without k

This is How We Do It!

Montell Du'Sean Barnett Jordan (December 3, 1968) isn American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Best known for his 1995 single "This Is How We Do It", on Def Jams Label -Today he Pastors   an Online Church   master peace church For 54 a years old man Montell Jordan is an absolute classic act, an icon of 90's Soul /R&B music. He's has so much stylish excellence and now above all a Pastor. In the mid 90's he's one of the young  music idol, African American artists we would listen to from half way across the world in the dingy streets of Warri in Nigeria,immitate or try to be a wannabe version of the panache they carry. The back story to the success,we never knew - we just saw the fame and fortune and tried to identify with that. Decades later we get the opportunity to hear the back story,the work,the walk,the raise & falls of stardom. The journey for most is crazy. So many fell off,some lost it completely,some made it then eventually los