Skip to main content

22 to 23 Great & Greater

It is 4:20 PM, am in the living room having a home made meal I cooked myself the previous evening and drink a bottle of warm Martinellis, apple cider wine.

I have been contemplating all day when I will make this post. It's the 31st of December 2022 and in the last 16years, every last day of the year I have maintained this tradition of documenting my general thoughts, for the year ending and my hopes and outlooks for the incoming year.

I believe that in going forward, it does demands a good reflection backwards also, like the famous quote from the late Steve Jobs of Apple  

“You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future"

 

The interesting thing that life and faith in God has taught me is that this " SOMEHOW" is not a thing of chance or luck. 


It's simple God's hand at work. 

Every steps he has ordered, even when I take them without knowing where it may lead or certain how it would eventually turn out.

 





2022 for me was a great year,it's started off with very many uncertainties both personally and family wise. 

I only believed and held to faith that everything would eventually work out for Good and to the glory of God and indeed,that's the testimony today as the year closes. 

I end a year that began with so much uncertainties with so many wonderful Blessings and Greatness - I can say of a truth that it is/was a great year.


I was faced with new challenges and demands on my Job, career and other personal endeavours. 

I had to equally develop and increase my capacity to take on these demands - as I have learnt that at times competency can get you to a level - but with growth you have to add capacity, capabilities to the competencies to remain relevant and continue to make impact.


The year came with many of its own challenges and personally in some of the things I hold a my values ,this year specifically I was tested and tried in many of these areas- and most often I failed more than I can say I succeeded but the best part has been that ,I have never stated knocked down, defeated or changed these values to accommodate my failings. I have taken accountability and responsibility and strongly made effort to continue to stay true to my values and my believes.



The words from this song (reckless love) written by Cory Asbury struck and has stuck with me from the first day,I heard it in 2017 and  it's still my testimony.


Financially, the year 2022 came with massive financial blessings, and likewise massive financial expenses. That I am ending the year with literally an empty bank account, but I am glad that the finanace came, our needs and even wants were met and even most importantly a couple of great investments were made in the year. 

The seeds of these investments planted in 2022, hopefully by the grace , mercies and unfailing favor of God through Christ Jesus ,it would all begin to yield very bountiful harvests that would last us for a life time.


On the family front, the year 2022 brought us a great blessings - God have a sister her very own "bundle of Joy " - I couldn't be more happy for her and indeed the fact that as a family we were blessed with this increase. 

The Joy, gladness and reaffirmation of God's love that this child has brought into our lives and homes is so evident. When I held him, I look at his eyes and  face,his smiles and laughter all I can say is Thank You Jesus for this is your Blessings and it is a marvelous sight now and all the days of his life.

The year 2022 had some health challenges for my ageing parents and even parents in-laws,but God mercy brought healing and restoration of life and health. I am glad that I end the year 2022 with both my biological Father and my Father in-law who both had health challenges in the course of the year - and as I type this my sincere prayers to God is that for the year ahead 2023 that their good health is sustained, that their life is protected. I pray and hold on to faith for the same blessings of God health and wellness for my Biological mother and my mother in-law. That all the days God's has set forth that would live and complete it, nothing whatsoever shall harm or cut short their days.


I am grateful that I end the year with every family member alive and well. My Brothers,Sisters, Nephews, Nicies,In-laws ,Close and Distant Friends and Colleagues are all alive and well. 


 God's protection has remained excellently true for each one of us, day in and day out. For the new year I specifically ask - that our lives, our family and our welfare be protected and provided for in the name of Jesus Christ I pray this.

 

The year 2022, saw the passing of two pets in my family home, our African Gray parrot named Okoko,he's  been in the family for close to 18years and one of the family Dog named "Clouse " also passed on. He was the most gentle friendly Dog you would ever meet.  


I hope that for the time they were with us, they experienced happiness and where possible lots of love and kindness.

Thank you Clouse and Okoko for the Joy, Laughter, Noice and Love you brought to us all. 🥀 




2023



This is an important year! 

This is the word that has been inputted in my mind and spirit for the year 2023.

It's an important year for me personally.

It's a. Important year for my country Nigeria- the 2023 elections would be a defining point for many thing good to come or very bad to come. I sincerely pray, believe and hope - this Good will win over Evil in Nigeria and the majority of its people would align Thier will to  God's will for Nigeria - The Healing of Our Land. AMEN!


I would want to approach the year with the frame of mind of its important and let that sense of importance guide my thoughts ,plans, actions and deeds in all facets of my daily life, week in and week out,  and as the seasons change and events changes through the year to the very end.

On my Job, I should focus on what's important  and build on this to help me turn out the best results desired and exceeds targets.

My my faith - I must realise the importance of my responsibilities in this walk called faith. The importance of my believe in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I have to make out time for myself to know more of the God I believe,serve and trust without doubt.

The importance of the home,my marriage union,family life,short and long term family goals and ensuring must be made clear, articulated and set for with more clarity  and fine-tuned with Godly wisdom as may be required.

The importance of better managing my fiances to not only secure our financial future ,but ensure that our present in lived without lack and with the comfort and decency that God's grace and his provision through Christ has blessed us with.

The importance of putting my finances in God's care, and managing it with wisdom. Living out my commitment to financially tithe and offer of my incomes for the work of God through his Church (specifically my local church) and also to fund the heart to help,give and support family ,friends ,acquaintances and even strangers financially as I am lead. 

The importance to curtail anything that is a waste of my finances, my times and any of my resources.

The importance of my Wife,her success,her peace and joy and our family,our home and the commitment we have made for life .


Focus on the importance of all relationship,extended family relationships, close friendship and people - understanding the value they bring to me life and what  I also bring to their life's. 

Refuse any form of toxic, manipulative and debilitating relations and taking bold steps to address this when a need arises. 

Find the wisdom to manage relationships, grow relationships and build new better and successful networks.



2023, focus on the importance of a good health and wellness that comes from good physical activity,good rest, sleep, and meditation to declutter the mind.  Being centre on God's love ,and God's Spirit within me to live in him,move in him and have all of my being in him .

Keep striving for excellence in every aspect of my daily living and my life.

Travels - for the year to set the plans and maintaining them, where and when to be in particular locations - for family,work,business,holiday/relaxation and adventure. 

Pray for the guide and safety of self and everyone that travels by air,by road,by rail and by water.

That our going out daily is guided by God's angle and for every means and mode of transportation we use in 2023- God's shield of protection surrounds us, and his angles take changes concerning us.

 

So for 2023 , the watch word and focus will remain importance.

I pray in the thick of the year, that this word is always called into remembrance. 

That I always understand what is important and what is not,know what and were to focus my energies,talent and strengths and where not to. Have a good balanced towards everything. 

That even when I am weak, were I may fail - that the importance of all that has been set before me and set for me in 2023 would never be lost on me and the courage and wisdom to always raise would be available until me.

So as a new count for 23, starts in a few hours- we would continue to ride on every victory won in 22 and build to greater heights for 2023. 

So when in December by the grace and mercy of God through his beloved son Jesus Christ - we would look back and Thank God that again - he has glorified himself and to him alone will all the glory go.

As I go into 2023,alive hale and hearty myself ,my wife and every member of our extended families. I pray to God that in Jesus name we would all end 2023 alive  hale, heart and in a better place spiritually in Christ Jesus.


2023, is an important year ,all that the year is destined to deliver to us and the role we would play on our part to receive these blessings,I ask for the grace and wisdom to come upon us and follow us through and 2023 would keep unraveling each Blessings set for the year and future years to come.


Amen 


It's 7:00pm.

So with this Dance and this declaration let's go into the the first day, the first week,the first month and the rest of 2023 of Miracles.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is How We Do It!

Montell Du'Sean Barnett Jordan (December 3, 1968) isn American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Best known for his 1995 single "This Is How We Do It", on Def Jams Label -Today he Pastors   an Online Church   master peace church For 54 a years old man Montell Jordan is an absolute classic act, an icon of 90's Soul /R&B music. He's has so much stylish excellence and now above all a Pastor. In the mid 90's he's one of the young  music idol, African American artists we would listen to from half way across the world in the dingy streets of Warri in Nigeria,immitate or try to be a wannabe version of the panache they carry. The back story to the success,we never knew - we just saw the fame and fortune and tried to identify with that. Decades later we get the opportunity to hear the back story,the work,the walk,the raise & falls of stardom. The journey for most is crazy. So many fell off,some lost it completely,some made it then eventually los