Skip to main content

The Year 2020 into the Year 2021.


They say when you don't know what to do, do what you know.


I found myself in that place right now, it's just a few hours to the end of 2020, I don't know what to write about the year ending or even about the one that's coming.

2020 can be confidently classed the most unusual year in my existence as an adult, so typically I want to do a quick reflection of the outgoing year and outlook of the incoming year like I have done on this blog since 2006, but I can't seem to bring myself to write anything. So I will still try and do what i know to do, which is just write. I will write as the spirit and my minds lead.





Yes, 2020 is the most unusual year, but I have got so much to Thank God for.  I want to thank God for HIS GRACE.

For Grace, the ability given to me to just go through each day by day, trusting God's goodness will not cease and it never did. 

So am thankful for the year 2020, amid a ravaging pandemic that has touched and affected lives in all corners of the world - we are surviving and thriving through all the toughest of times imposed on us. 

It's odd am not home but in another city  As much as I would have loved to be in my own home, celebrating the new year and going to church as is our usual tradition when entering a new year, this year turned out not to be the same. Am not at home, my wives not in the country, while am in another city, so we won't be in church for the cross-over service at least not physically -but will attend the service online. 

The last moment of the year and the first hours of the new year are not just important they are precious moments for me. I just like to take time to myself, relaxing, thinking, reflecting - no work, no phone calls, and where possible not even going out of the house. 

Well, today 31st December 2020, I was able to achieve some of these, despite my body not being without pain and discomfort from the after-effects of me almost falling ill the day after Christmas.

I am glad 2020 is ending, it has been a challenging year for many, so much has been lost by so many people. Business, careers, finances, and most importantly many lost loved ones to the pandemic.

The constant news of people dying can be very distraughting. Across the world, you hear sad and painful stories of the loss of loved ones by so many, the fear and uncertainties the pandemic created have not been easy for many - while some leaned harder on their faith to pull through each day, others became faithless or just gave up and resigned to being despondent about life and take whatever comes. In all this for me am just grateful for the grace of God through his son Jesus Christ. Grace is the one word that comes to mind now and captures everything we have been through or would go through.

God's grace - That he is forever willing to keep me, regardless of me. So with each passing day, I leaned on this grace and I so desperately want to continue learning on this grace far more into the new year.




2021 my outlook is nothing more but just daily focusing on the grace of God, taking it one day at a time with my plans, and expectations. 

To Walk by grace, stay the faith by grace, continue finding my way by grace, succeeding by grace, forgive, and be forgiven by grace. Lean on God's grace for my family, my job, my business, my finances, my sustenance, my health, my friendships and relationships, my goals, plans, desires, and actions.

Evidently, from a world outlook, 2021 and beyond would be affected by the year 2020 for some time to come and if the year 2020 has taught me anything it's this, then it is never worrying, you survived this you would survive any aftershocks - 

2021 focus is to always find God's grace, understand God's grace, and always never letting gratitude cease in all I do, no matter the situation or circumstances.

 How do I define or understand what God's grace is? Well to me grace is, unmerited, unlimited favor, grace is the knowledge that God is always with me even in my darkest places or seasons, grace is the assurance that everything is well and will be well - grace is the trust that" Jesus has got it all in control" grace is safety, grace is wellness in spirit and body, grace is the ability to continue fighting for righteous living, grace is to have the blessings of your loved ones all alive and doing well. Grace is God's hand on your life, Grace makes the difference, Grace is the unexplained factor in your life, Grace is what keeps me, what carries me, Grace is the love of God in everything I see, do, and live through.

So am praying for more grace for 2021 - the grace for the year 2021. That I walk in grace and may the grace of God strengthen me, my faith, and my commitments to God. For I can not, will not walk the phat of life without the grace of Gods direction by his spirit, that's at work within - so I ask for the grace to refocus and also know that all that I need God has given me, within and as for the battle that we are in daily, the weapons to defeat the enemies in all shape and forms are all readily available and within me.

I am ending the year with my entire family alive and in health, my parents, my inlaws, my nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters (Thankful ). Grateful for the lives of close friends and all their families. I never take this for granted, and more so in a year like 2020, I can't be grateful enough for God's mercifulness towards us all, his covering and protection. Protection From the pandemic, Protection from the evil desires and actions of men, Preservation from the repressive and oppressive systems at work, Preservation from the hardships imposed on others by unreasonable men - God I thank you for this grace of protection and preservation for all of these. The seen and the unseen. 

My confidence is built on the knowledge that, you are God, if you be for us who or what can be against us?


Am Thankful for the grace to enter the year 2021 and I am thankful for the grace that will carry all of us through 2021. To Protect, Provide, and Preserve our lives through all seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and seasons of 2021, you are God and it's you alone who know the end even from the beginning - So I pray you to grace us through all what's to come in 2021 in our individual lives- make it a better blessed year and let us see the goodness of our God in the land of the living in every day and in every way. 

2021 Let the goodness of God overshadow the wickedness in high places in our land Nigeria, the evil has gone far enough, and indeed all over the world in 2021, evil has not won and it has come as far as it can with 2020, but as the years turn - we decree it that the wave of evil comes to a ceasing in the name of Jesus Christ.




For God is Good, so in 2021 let the goodness of God be seen in the land of the living -

Come with me by faith lets going into the new count of the year 2021 and see the goodness of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22 to 23 Great & Greater

It is 4:20 PM, am in the living room having a home made meal I cooked myself the previous evening and drink a bottle of warm Martinellis, apple cider wine. I have been contemplating all day when I will make this post. It's the 31st of December 2022 and in the last 16years, every last day of the year I have maintained this tradition of documenting my general thoughts, for the year ending and my hopes and outlooks for the incoming year. I believe that in going forward, it does demands a good reflection backwards also, like the famous quote from the late Steve Jobs of Apple    “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future"   The interesting thing that life and faith in God has taught me is that this " SOMEHOW" is not a thing of chance or luck.  It's simple God's hand at work.  Every steps he has ordered, even when I take them without k

This is How We Do It!

Montell Du'Sean Barnett Jordan (December 3, 1968) isn American singer, songwriter, and record producer. Best known for his 1995 single "This Is How We Do It", on Def Jams Label -Today he Pastors   an Online Church   master peace church For 54 a years old man Montell Jordan is an absolute classic act, an icon of 90's Soul /R&B music. He's has so much stylish excellence and now above all a Pastor. In the mid 90's he's one of the young  music idol, African American artists we would listen to from half way across the world in the dingy streets of Warri in Nigeria,immitate or try to be a wannabe version of the panache they carry. The back story to the success,we never knew - we just saw the fame and fortune and tried to identify with that. Decades later we get the opportunity to hear the back story,the work,the walk,the raise & falls of stardom. The journey for most is crazy. So many fell off,some lost it completely,some made it then eventually los